The real scoop on tape-ins is that they are not for everyone. In fact, they are ideal for a small number of us. If you are used to wearing your natural hair straightened and maintaining it, then tape-ins could be your next install.
The key is to texture match. We have kinky straight, straight, wavy, and curly textures available. Kinky straight silks out just like a natural's silk press. It's to die for, really.
The process is having your hair sandwiched in between two pieces of tape in extensions with a stick adhesive. Upon removal, an adhesive remover is applied for easy removal. No damage when being serviced by an experienced stylist.
Tape-ins are a luxury service and can range $275-$2,000 including the install, hair, and custom color, if desired. Tape-in hair is reusable. The initial install lasts anywhere from 6-10 weeks, varying upon each client. The maintenance appointments should be scheduled and pre-booked before you leave your stylist's chair. I book my clients every 2 weeks until their 10 week mark for their follow up wash and style appointments. Upon each maintenance appointment, we can forsee how the install will last on YOUR hair type. I have clients that can last only 6 weeks & some that can last the full 10 weeks. It varies based on hair texture, client's lifestyle, oily scalp, etc to name a few.
How will you know tape-ins will work for you?
- Are you familiar with wearing your natural hair out?
- Are you committed to pin curling/wrapping/combing your hair every night?
- Are you committed to scheduling and arriving to your 2-3 week maintenance appointments?
- Tape ins are not a protective style, all of your natural hair is out. Tape ins only add length and volume to what you already have. Can you handle that?
- Tape ins last up to 10 weeks.
- Initial Install is $275. Includes shampoo, install, and style. Hair starts at $180 and increases based on desired length and texture. Maintenance appointments are every 2-3 weeks & costs $125.
- Tape in hair can be reused and can get wet. It's recommended to not get the tapes at the root wet as this CAN cause slippage.
- Tape ins DO NOT cause damage when installed and removed correctly.
If so, book a consultation with me using the "Book with Ciera Rose" option.